Clothes are an extension of your personality. Even though choosing clothes is an extremely personal affair and one’s choice and preference plays a vital role, but when it comes to picking apparel for your workplace, you ought to be very careful. Time has changed, and so has the work attire over the years. The kind of clothes you wear projects your image to your bosses and colleagues and makes a difference in how far you are going to get in the company. So, clearly one must be very careful and diligent while choosing his/her work attire. Let us now scroll down to find out the do’s and don’ts when it comes to picking up clothes for your workplace.
- Formal shirts with full sleeves, decent colored ties and go for oxfords in black and brown when it comes to footwear.
- Smart trousers in grey or black color and modest ties and shirts. Go for a nice and elegant watch and cuff links to complete your look.
- Sweaters or pullovers on top of collared shirts. Go for oxfords or loafers when it comes to choosing footwear. Avoid sneakers as they are way too casual.
No matter how casual the dress code is at your office, always ensure that you are well-dressed and being formal. Just because you can wear casual clothing doesn’t mean that you will go in your boxers. Always try and be as presentable as you can at your workplace so as to leave a good impression of yours on your bosses as well as our colleagues.
- Womens tops in neutral colors like black, brown or navy.
- Collared button up shirts in solid colors.
- Pumps in black or brown.
- Skirt that is not too short.
- Casual accessories like watch and studs.
- Go for comfortable shoes like loafers, flats and avoid open-toed shoes.
- Make sure not to wear extremely tight fitted clothes.
- Deep necklines that reveal your cleavage must be avoided at all times.
- Avoid too much of makeup and keep it minimal.
- You could also wear nice scarves for that casual yet formal look.
Be well groomed at all time. Apart from your clothes, make sure you tie your hair properly. A ponytail looks the best at workplace. Also wear well ironed clothes to look decent and well dressed.
Lastly, do not wear something you are not comfortable in. Make sure you are at ease while working. You could shop for your favorite styles of casual and formal wear online nowadays through various online shopping stores. These stores stock almost everything, right from women’s formal wear to ladies jeans, to women lingerie. You could simply get it all sitting comfortably at your home, just with a single click. Some of the famous online shopping stores when it comes to buying women and men’s apparel are Myntra, Jabong, Tata CLiQ, Limeroa, Voonik, Abof, Ajio, Snapdeal, Flipkart etc to name just a few.