Umbrella is an accessory that is used by the majority of people, anywhere. However, it is quite important that you buy the right kind of umbrella for your needs. It will of course vary on factors like the climate of the place, your usage needs, budget etc. If you live in a storm and rain intensive region, buying windproof umbrella makes sense over regular ones. Rain is often accompanied by storm and high winds. In such situations, you will find regular umbrellas getting flipped inside out and while fumbling with it, you will get drenched! So, it is wise that you buy a wind resistant unit that will let you brave the storm and rain easily.
Factors that matter in selecting apt umbrella
Wind resistant umbrellas are aplenty in the market but you need to know which one will fit your bill the most. For this, you should compare the models on below listed parameters:
- Canopy shape- Most people think all umbrellas have same shaped canopy. But this is not the case with wind resistant umbrella models. They have aerodynamic and sometimes uneven shapes to cope with gusts of wind and storm with heavy rain.
- Inner frame and ribs- Fancy and stylish umbrellas are often built with plastic ribs and frames. However, they will get flipped inside out in strong wind easily. Wind resistant units have rugged steel based frames and ribs that cope well with storms. Even fiberglass framed umbrellas fare well and they are actually lightweight and flexible in nature.
- Color and design- Wind resistant umbrellas are not necessarily made with black fabric. You can find bi-color wind resistant umbrellas and with a little search designer fabric based canopies will not be hard to find. Women may opt for floral print models with wind resistance.
- Ease of use- This is one aspect you can never overlook when buying umbrellas- whether it is regular or Windproof umbrella. It is better if you buy a model that can be folded and opened within a few seconds. Multi-fold umbrellas may be hard to operate in crowded streets or similar places. You will find models that have switch based operating mechanism. Some wind resistant models are designed in such a way that you can fold them into small size and tuck away in your handbag. It is better if the model you pick is sold with a cover.
- Warranty- Most umbrellas are offered by brands with warranty. Since wind resistant units cost more than general models, you should look for longer warranty.
Pick the right seller
It is important that you buy a Windproof umbrella from a suitable seller. You can shop online too. However, check out the description of the model and ensure it meets your needs. The handle may be curved or regular and think which will be more suited for you. Before you finalize the order, check for seller’s replacement terms and ensure you clarify any queries in mind. If you buy the unit during stock clearance, getting bargain deals is possible.